Tuesday, January 30, 2007

giddiness

i read a post that..well..somewhat moved me!

i refer to alan's post on Jan 30th 2007...(http://watdefish.blogspot.com)

"Dear Richie,

I am saddened to have come to understand that by talking about my problems brought you a lot of sad memories of the past. But hey, if not for those hard knocks, would you still be here? Would I still have picked you to talk about it? Would it have made you, you today?

Listening is a skill not honed by many people. It takes effort to be able to listen and emphatise with a person. You may feel he/she is wrong, but you have to accept it, and that takes a certain level of endurance to be able to understand things that are not seen from your point of view.

A normal person would probably not have the knowledge and experience to offer good advices, and even if they did, they'd probably be too lazy to help. But see, Richie, you come from the other side if earth, and a totally different culture. There are problems that are unresolved in our Asian culture so when you offer your point of views, which are a good mix of eastern and western culture, allowed me to see things and problems in a new light, and that offers me alternatives to solve a difficult problem.

And I appreciate it, be it just by listening to me, or offering me advice, or both.

Richie, we may play a lot in class or when we are outside, but when it comes to the serious stuffs, you are really up for it and you adapt well to seriousness, especially when it comes to personal problems. I can assure you that this is also the reason why even your friends' mothers will approach you and talk to you about their kids. I hope you will never change and remain like this forever, and someday, when it is time, you'd get yourself a good girl who will love you like you love her. This is an asset that not many people possess.

I truly believe that you were concerned and was ever ready to sit down (although you had to stand up the whole night that night) to listen to me ramble my head off.

I really appreciate your effort Richie. I am glad I have a friend like you. Yeah, screw cheesiness man, I am serious. I'll be sure to return the favour as much as I can too.

Thank you very Richie, for chatting with me that night."

I swear this e-mail gave me a tingly feeling and i couldn't stop laughing!

lol..i felt like someone just practically read right through me. it's just weird for someone to talk about you, like the way alan did! weird no doubt, but respectable.

I can truly say, from the bottom of my heart, that alan is a friend i cherish and i will try my best to keep him in my life.

During attachment, most of us will lose contact with each other, but i hope that most of us can still remain close and meet up as much as possible. Alan would be no doubt 1 of the top few that i would never want to lose contact with.

thx alan,for your comments and post, it was much appreaciated!
it has not gone in vain..

hey u never know a girl may read that and think, "WOW there's such a guy? i want to know him" hahahaha! jokes!
____________________________________________________

School is dreadful, as usual. But it's not the studying or courses that are killer, it's the process of finding a hotel to do our attachment.

i'm applying to, mainly, 5 star hotels.

1) Swissotel
2) Meritus Mandarin
3) Sheraton Hotel
4) Marriott Hotel
5) Hyatt Hotel
6) Hilton Hotl
7) Fullerton Hotel

all very respectable hotels, in asia and most around the world!

i'm hoping to land Marriott or Fullerton, as they are well known in Canada/US, incase i choose to go back to the west in the future.

I know my chances may be slim, but i will never know until i try! i really hope to get any of the hotels, sign a contract and never worry about where to go next...atleast until i finish!

I have a question in my mind and i was wondering if i could get some feedback from y'all...

Should i choose to go to Macau to start a career in the future?

i have quite a number of reasons to go and many not to go..i'm confused!

I can: be a pioneer in a company, earn good money, possible get a promotion faster, most likely have hostel and food paid for, new environment and some other that i just can't think of right now.

or

I will end up: getting prostitutes every other day (lol), gamble my life away, get in to the black market (again), get conned, and anything that well, is pretty much, bad!

any suggestions?

but do note..the opportunities now are great. Macau is set to be bigger than las vegas within the next few years, if not, very near future.

who knows..i shall make my choice when i'm about to finish off my attachment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If only that joke was real, Rich! Haha!

I am pleasantly surprised that my reply has "somewhat moved you" and "tingled" you so much so that you "couldn't stop laughing".

I am rather confused.

Moving = Laughing?

Well, it doesn't matter. As long as I made my point and you got it, it's done.

Thank you Richie.

:)