Sunday, November 04, 2007

Inspirations

I just finished watching...



Just like all inspirational films that are released, this movie made it's point very clearly.

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson and Xzibit, really portrayed their roles wonderfully.

After watching this movie, it made me want to accomplish something big in life. Showing people around me that i'm not the useless one. My dad use to call me a failure when i was a child, which kind of still follows me. However, i know that deep down, i don't need him and that his words have made me a stronger person. Currently, he is changing his ways as well. Growing up with him was difficult but now i'm happy to say that the changes have helped change things alittle - positively. Though i still have great hate for him, i'm not hard headed enough to not notice these changes.

If there were more of these inspirational films during my time, i think i would have gone a different route. Probably a more prosperous one. I'm not complaining about my life now, i'm satisfied. I'm just stating that i may be somewhere else, doing something different - who knows. Films like this reach to a community that many may not understand. Fortunately i do! Growing up in communities, though not as bad as the ones movies portray, i got my fair share of insightful views. I'm glad and very thankful i came from a background that made me who i am. If it wasn't for the conditions i was raised, who knows who i would have become. I'd probably be like some nerdy, mommy's boy, crying everyday. Who knows!

Though i didn't need a film to catch my attention about my life, i'm glad they exist. In the societies we live in now, it's getting harder and harder to realize what's going on. Many try to cover-up a vision because they can't seem to get a hold of their own. They brainwash people to help them gain an upper hand. An example of this would be, having young teens get conned into selling drugs and eventually joining in on gang activities. I'd know because similar situations like this have happened to me and i followed.

What can we do?

we may think nothing, but to some, 1 person is enough to make a difference in someone's life. This is what these movies are showing us. Taking reality and sharing it with people around the world. Showing us, that somewhere, somehow, someone is willing to help others and show them a path that they deserve.

It's good to know that in a changing and gradually increasing uncaring society there is still someone willing to help people in need. Everyone is concerned with themselves! this is probably why i love to help people with personal issues - become their ears and to share my experiences with them. Though it may not seem like i'm the type to be serious, when in need of it, i can be a very serious and over mature individual.

It's movies like, gridiron gang, that changes perspectives about the world. It just depends if you are willing to learn from it, apply it and use it!

If you have yet to watch Gridiron Gang, i strongly suggest you go out and rent it now!

some other inspirational films/documentaries to watch or keep note of: Freedom Writers, Dangerous Minds, Remember the Titans, The Diary of Anne Frank and Invincible.

No comments: