Monday, June 18, 2007

dedicated to the elderly!

I just want to say that, i feel sorry for the elderly community!

After working at Raffles Hotel for about 3 months, i have realized how heartbroken i am to see the elderly uncles and aunties working hard day to day.

I know this one uncle, aged 75, who delivers pineapples, lemons, limes, juices and strawberries to us. He is a grandfather and his oldest grandchild is already 23 years of age.

This is the most sweetest uncle i have ever met. He is so nice and i love having conversations with him when we smoke together.

I feel sorry for him because he works 9-5 everyday, except Sundays. He walks so slow and he has to load up his trolley with items to deliver to the various outlets in the hotel alone. He always says thank you 3 times when i or anyone that helps him carry the heavy items. He is so full of history and he always talks about the past with me. It's an incite to me and it's great that he is sharing his stories with me.

I feel so sorry for him and the rest because they are still working very hard and not enjoying their lives to the fullest as they should.

I see so many uncles that seem to have so much energy and i envy them. At my age, i always feel so tired and lazy; i guess i have been so spoiled in life that i take things for granted.

The uncle always says he is bored at home, that's why he is working. I can understand that but I'm sure he wouldn't mind resting during the day and going out for coffee with his friends.

It just hurts to see them work so hard; harder then some of the young ppl too.

I guess it's a trend to get the elderly folks in Singapore to continue working after retirement. If this was Canada, it would be so discriminated upon.

It's a different picture here, and i guess there are ups and downs to the whole thing.

I just hope one day, when I'm old, i can still go on like them, as in spirit and energy. However, i would still love to enjoy my last few years to the fullest.

-

Anyhoo.....

just got myself a new toy.

I bought the Sony NW-A-808 MP3/MP4 player.

Retail cost of S$479 + freebies.

I got the 8gig in black (the only color it comes in).

It's a little bigger than the Ipod Nano, but it can play videos and photos and the screen is about 2 inches, if I'm not wrong.

I haven't stopped fiddling with it since ytd lol!

the only downside is that the music transfer from computer to player is slow! but overall it's just wicked! haha!

the official website for pix and specs is at

http://www.sony.com.sg/walkman/a800/

here's a pic!




I'm out! peace!

No comments: