Friday, December 07, 2007

Miss World 2007

I just finished watching Miss World 2007 on Channel 5.

Links:

Official Site
Wikipedia


This years show seemed so, boring and unattractive compared to previous years. It seemed that there was no budget to make it grand and their wasn't enough planning to make it spectacular. I was quite disappointed from the start.

I would have imagined, like many previous years, that there would be more performances and more supporters. It was so bland that i almost fell asleep, just waiting for the results. The girls this year, judging by looks, weren't as attractive. I personally loved, Korea, China, USA, Sweden, France, Venezuela, Thailand and Indonesia.

By being adventurous to venture into Sanya China to hold the event, was spectacular. I never knew such a place existed. It looked wonderful. Instead of going to some mainstream country/city, I'm glad that the association had the guts to venture into a area of exoticness and culture. It was quite a surprise to here that it was in China, seriously.

Now on to the main part, the ladies.

- Congratulations to Zi Lin Zhang of PRC for being the winner of Miss World 2007



Though her English isn't the greatest, the effort put in was great. I think she deserved the win, no doubt. However, i think there was a bit of a biasness when deciding due to the Beijing Olympics coming up in 2008. I'm quite happy she won, its marks a new era for china and chinese people around. Congrats again!

- INDONESIA - Kamidia RADISTI



Indonesia was one of the TOP beauties of the night (My opinion). I think if she brushed up on her talks, she could have done a lot better. She was really nervous and the answers given were not really enticing. However, the competition isn't all about looks right? lol.

- KOREA - Eun-Ju CHO



Korea, to me, was the cutest of them all. Her body out surpasses many of the contestants as well. I wish she would have made it into the top 3 though. It would be nice to see more of her around. I'm sure the Korea media is gonna eat her up, so no frets, if your into Koreans and all, your sure to see her in some Korean magazines or something, in the near future.

- THAILAND - Kanokkorn JAICHUEN



What a Beaut. Thailand's representative this year was beautiful. I thought initially she was from Japan or something. Just wonderful.

- VENEZUELA - Claudia Paola SUREZ FERNANDEZ




Just look at that body..nuff said right? lol!

- FRANCE - Rachel LEGRAIN-TRAPANI



The French seem to know how to really present themselves. I thought she presented herself the best throughout the night. She was exquisite.

Disappointments

- SPAIN - Natalia ZABALA ARROYO



If her spoken segments did better, i may have actually noticed her postitively. I thought she could have done a lot better if she worked harder.

- SINGAPORE - Roshni Kaur SOIN



Singapore was way too shy and showed lack of confidence. I thought that she could have done a lot better. She was a big disappointment to me.

- CANADA - Sara GHULAM



I guess because i'm Canadian i expected a lot more from Canada. Over the years, Canada was sending representatives with brains and beauty. This year was a complete flop. Its just sad. I'm quite speechless.


There is my mini-synopses of the whole thing. Everything stated was of opinion and should not be taken to heart. Your own perspectives are yours to keep. Take a look at the links at the top of the page for more details and photos of the contestants.

Peace!

No comments: