Monday, July 09, 2007

Starting school, again!

Later on in the day, or some may still consider it tmr, i will be venturing off to school to further my studies. I am pursuing a Higher Diploma in Hotel Management.

You may be asking yourselves, why don't i go for my degree straight.

the answer is simple, i don't know if i want a degree. It will take me another year or so before i can acquire it, However, after i finish this higher diploma course and if i do intend to further after, i can transfer credits over and hence a shorter school term =)

Some of you may think I'm stupid or whatever if i don't intend to further, but it doesn't really matter to me. I'm use to working from the bottom up. The only worry i have is, for instance, 10 years down the road, younger more educated kids with degrees or mba's or whatsoever come and take over, when i knew i had a chance to further into a higher education.

Oh well, I'm still young and i still have the time to re-think my situation and strategy.

Kind of sidetracked..my bad. So, the course will take 6-months and i will defiantly have a great time relaxing from my internship. The only scare is tests, exams and projects. From what i know, HDHM has a lot of projects. I think i can overcome it, since i'm so use to it but i'm just worried that it will be way too difficult, but atleast it can serve as a challenge to overcome. =)

The first semesters schedules isn't THAT bad. I still get to wake up a bit late on mondays and end early on fridays. I have 6 modules like; Human Resource, Research Methods, Managerial Accounting, Macroeconomics, Tourism Psychology and Hospitality and Tourism Marketing.

I'm so excited for Human Resource, Tourism Psychology and Hospitality and Tourism Marketing. They sound so interesting. However, i'm super doomed for the subjects with calculations. I'm gonna have to buck up for the next 6 months if i wanna pass haha!

anyhoo...

So wish me luck.

I'm off to bed.

No comments: