Wednesday, July 25, 2007

BYC Finals

So, last night was the finals of the Bartender's of the Year (BYC) Competition.

I arrived at around 4:20pm. The crew was still setting up so i stood aside and waited.

Until about 6:30pm, when i started seeing friends come down and a crowd standing by, my heart started to pump.

I was quite confident, replaying the steps in my head and trying not to fret. I thought it would be alot easier this time as i didn't have to look at a specific crowd, I could have looked far into the back.

So, after getting my garnish ready, finish setting up my tray i was set for stand by.

I was the first contestant up, with the second finalist beside me showing off our skills together at the same time.

However, after getting up on the stage, with the crowd staring at us and the lights shining in our faces, my confidence disappeared and fear took over.

Friends and support were cheering on and i was doing my cocktail, the overwhelmed crowd took me by surprise and i blacked out for a second.

I FORGOT TO MUDDLE MY APPLE CUBES! for christ sakes. I was so upset. I'm sure i lost alot of points for that. I hope that all will work out though, as the final results will be announced tonight! Overall, i believe i did quite well. I think the showmanship was there and the taste is what will make me rise above the rest, hopefully!

I felt so bad and disappointed when i got off the stage. I was in a blank for awhile until my friends came up to me and started giving me a pat on the shoulders! it was nice to know who was there to share the moment with me. It is a memory i will never forget!

Thx to Alan, Alicia, Cao Yan + boyfriend, Susanna, Xiumin, Aisah + boyfriend, Paulina, Wayne, Elliott, Jude, Thomas, Fabian, Hui Bin and to the rest if i missed ya out!

and to Eunice and Chansey for being there in spirit with me! much appreciated. Too bad you weren't there, but it's okay, i understand =)

Thx for the support and advice that i received! I hope i didn't let any of you guys down!

That's all for now, i'm headed to Goodwood Park Hotel for a gala dinner and to hear the results of the finals! wish me luck!!

No comments: