Wednesday, July 18, 2007

star wars vs star trek

normally when you associate star wars or star trek, you wouldn't combine the both.

Many fans of star wars dislike star trek and vice-versa. I use to think this was weird. I never liked star trek and i always thought star wars was a bit boring.

But why argue? who knows...

However, since the times of being a kid, that perception has changed.

I am officially a (semi) fan of Star Wars.

How did it happen? well, let me tell you.

I was at Sembawang music store and i saw a boxset for sale. Yup, that's right! it was the star wars boxset. I told myself, since i had nothing to do, why not go home and download it for the sake of adding it to my collection.

Hence, I downloaded all 6 episodes and i started burning them.

After watching star wars I(episode 1) i was addicted! i couldn't get over not continuing.

I'm not so sure why that happened, but after completing the 6th episode, i can happily say that, i am a (semi) star wars fan.

But Richie if your a fan why put "semi" in front of star wars?

the answer is, Yes, i do like to watch the series BUT however, i will never get so engrossed in it. Meaning i wouldn't go out and start buying action figures or clothing of star wars.

If it was TMNT, transformers, thundercats or simpsons figurines, that would be another case.

I'm not too sure why people argue about star wars and star trek but for me, i know i would never start a debate over it, especially with those nerdy kids who are so into it.

that's all for now.

If you haven't watched star wars then might i suggest renting it and giving it a try, like myself?

No comments: